What is the Network and Corridor Information System (NCI)?
The Network and Corridor Information Portal (NCI) aims to further facilitate easy access to information published in Network Statements (NS) and Corridor Information Documents (CID). It was created jointly by Infrastructure Managers (IMs), Allocation Bodies (Abs) and Rail Freight Corridors (RFCs) under the RNE umbrella.
The NCI is an easy-to-use tool enabling you to
- quickly search in the contents of the various Network Statements and CIDs, facilitated by the RNE Network Statement and CID common structures;
- combine contents from various Network Statements and CIDs into one single, downloadable PDF file;
thus, compare the contents of the documents of interest to you faster and more efficiently than browsing them one by one on many different websites.
The system stores documents applicable to the current and upcoming timetable, regularly updated by the IMs/ABs and the RFCs to provide the latest published versions.
Benefits for Customers
What are the benefits for you as a customer (e.g., Railway Undertaking / Freight Forwarder)?
- Easier pre-planning procedures through knowing in advance relevant information needed to run your train in different countries
- Knowing all ‘specialities’ of the network you want to access, such as loading weight limitations, clearance profile, special sections and requirements, availability of command-and-control systems (e.g., ETCS)
- As a freight forwarder you can inform your customers in a timely manner regarding the requirements for their freight, thereby avoiding any surprises on route.