The portfolio of RNE’s Legal Matters team includes in particular
- drafting and review of internal documents, such as the association’s statutes
- design of contractual relations with users of RNE’s IT tools, suppliers, etc.
- legal assessment of documents produced by other RNE working groups (e.g. Network Statement, Traffic Management, Sales & Timetabling).
In addition, RNE Legal Matters experts work on dedicated projects, which currently include the following:
A working group of legal experts from RNE’s Members (‘RNE Legal Matters Working Group’) maintains a regular exchange on these topics; in addition, task forces prepare the project deliverables.
The Legal Matters Working Group also serves as a forum for RNE Members’ legal experts to discuss specific legal questions of interest to their companies (e.g. interpretation and application of EU law in different countries).
The RNE JO legal team complements these activities on a day-to-day basis by providing support and guidance on internal procedures (e.g. procurement, arbitration, compliance with data protection requirements).
RNE’s Sales experts are active in the field of
- Designing and updating the Network Statement Common Structure
- Developing and coordinating updates of the Glossary of Terms related to Network Statements and Corridor Information Documents
- creating and accompanying implementation of IT Tools for RNE Members’ Sales activities (e.g. NCI System, Rail Facilities Portal, CIS – Charging information System)
- developing incentives for the efficient use of infrastructure capacity (‘Commercial Conditions’)
- Contributing to the development of strategies/policies for monetising RNE’s digital assets.
More information on these activities can be found on the dedicated subpages (see links).