June 14, 2019
Network Statements and Corridor Information Documents to be digitalised
On 29 May 2019, the RNE General Assembly decided on the digitalisation of Network Statements (NSs) and Corridor Information Documents (CIDs). It is anticipated that via a dedicated IT solution, used for the digitalisation of these documents, the following major benefits would be achieved:
- Applicants can find the contents of all NSs and CIDs on one single platform in a user-friendly manner.
- Analysis and comparison of these documents will be facilitated.
- Harmonisation of NSs and CIDs in terms of compliance with the RNE NS and CID common structures and texts will be further promoted.
- Digitalisation in railways is further promoted and enhanced in a new area.
- Simplification can be achieved.
After the preparation and final agreement on the specifications document, an open call for tenders will be launched in Q4 this year. The planned date of the go-live of the tool is December 2020 at which time it is also planned that the Network Statements for timetable 2022 with the envisioned new and more user-friendly structure will be published.